Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Reasons To Go Digital

I have been scrapbooking since I was in high school. I loved the creative process. As scrapbooking evolved and became a huge industry I was right there buying all the neat things to enhance my scrapbooks which included ones for four other members of my family. I was addicted to paper! (Something I am still plagued by.) The textures and dimensions were great! But as my family grew I had less time and space to create my art. When my friend Alison introduced me to digital scrapbooking, I jumped on that train, no questions asked! I love using my computer and swapping ideas through emails with her and other friends that have started using this method to immortalize their memories. Maybe I can persuade you to go digital with my top ten reasons for doing it myself!

1. Lose the mess: Have you ever tried scrapping with children? They take your mess and make it bigger! I never had time to clean it up anyway!
2. Save Space: With only a computer that can be shut off, I never hear my husband complain and my projects never get destroyed by my kids.
3. Get it Perfect: Okay, for those who know me they know I like things as perfect as I can get them. Now, I can keep fixing it until I get it how I like it!
4. Buy It Once: I love that I can use my digital supplies over and over again. My bank account likes it too!
5. Get Perfect Photos: I like being able to manipulate my photos to any shape, size, or color.
6. Instant Gratification: I love being able to do a project, print it immediately, or email it off in minutes for feedback from friends.
7. Take It With You: This is a hobby I can take anywhere provided my laptop is willing!
8. Shortcuts: Technology makes everything quicker and takes a lot less time than doing everything by hand.
9. Sharing My Work: Emailing and Posting my work is fun. I love to hear the comments and encouragement from friends and family.
10. Preserves Easily: Creating a book or slideshow, saving on a disc or external drive never was easier.

Are you convinced? This site will give you ideas for using all those digital creations. If you are not a digital scrapbooker well stay tuned. This site will also be home to my custom blog banners. Just leave a comment and receive more information!

No comments: