Thursday, March 20, 2008

Journaling

When I first started scrapbooking, I loved doing all the artsy stuff. The papers, the embellishments, and the photos were so captivating. I would always finish the page up to the point where I should have added a title and journaling. I had these beautiful books but nothing to let my children know what was the history behind it. Now that I have converted to digital scrapbooking, you would think that journaling would be so much easier and done quickly. I have to confess that I still revert back to my old ways, but I am improving. Journaling is fun to play with and being able to add several fonts in several sizes adds to the creative process. It can go up and down, in a circle, in a heart shape, whatever you can imagine. The boundaries are almost limitless. This is one of my favorite examples of journaling:

First, I love the geometric and monochromatic theme of this two page layout. I picked red to add a little pop to my layout and used it to highlight a few of the words on the first page which listed the things we do traditionally at Christmas. For the rest of my journaling I fit it into a box to continue with the monochromatic theme. I just love how it turned out and the journaling will document those things we do together as a family to celebrate the holidays!

No comments: