Monday, March 17, 2008

Having Fun With Text

Text has become much more than a tool for writing something for a report or other documents. It has become an embellishment all its own. I love to use text as an embellishment that adds just the right amount of drama and still keeps it simple. By duplicating it, lowering the opacity, changing its color, inserting pictures, . . . the list just keeps going! All of these methods can add just the right touch to finish your layout. I love coming up with a great title for the page and using it in my layout to add the tone I want to carry through to those who will view my creation.



These are some of my favorite layouts using text as a design element. Text is so fun to use. In "Dirt" I used a letter as a frame for the main photo of the layout. The next layout is the front page of my daughter's album. I wanted to use words that I thought described her and generate my own background. In "Big Brother" and "Campout" I played with the position of my text. I love using text vertically. Putting the text behind the object in the picture was an idea I scraplifted from another layout I saw in a magazine. It was a lot of fun to make!

No comments: