Monday, March 3, 2008

What's Your Style?

As I have come more familiar with the digital world I have noticed that it is exploding! Everyone has a blog, website, posted on a website, uploaded video to U-tube, or some other interactive digital experience. We all have probably spent too much time surfing through sites having lost track of time and reality. The one thing I have noticed is that everyone has a style. Sometimes, even when you try so hard to copy that style it is almost impossible. My only conclusion is that it must come from the heart mixed with a little personality.
In my case, I think I have a split personality. I can't put a real description on it. Sometimes my layouts come out cute and sweet, others are definitely more artistic, and yet others are modern with simple lines and geometric shapes. There are things that I love about each one. My friend Jen recently told me that I have a definite style when compared to other scrappers. I guess I should have asked her what that was so I could be a little more informed.
So, what is your style? Do you have one or is it still trying to find itself? Some like old fashion, heritage and others like things sweet and adorable. Simplicity is definitely a style. Getting just the right picture and not overdoing it is definitely a talent. There are grungy styles that are a little more hip and young. I bet your style is all around you without even realizing it. Look at your house, your kid's clothing, your furnishings, etc. Your creative side comes out in all venues. Or, maybe your inner child is screaming to be heard and scrapbooking is that outlet. Whatever it is, go with it. It always makes the best pages!

No comments: