Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just The Right Brush!


Brushes have to be one of the coolest tools out there to scrapbook with digitally. Whenever I feel there is something missing on my page I look to brushes to fill the void. They can be used to accent something or add dimension without overpowering your layout. Even better, when you can't find the brush you are looking for, you can make one yourself! I did just that when designing my header for this page. I wanted some really cool items between my catchy words. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. So, I took some pictures and made them in to brushes. The best part of brushes is the experimenting with them anyway you feel like and then being able to undo them if it doesn't turn out. Not like real stamps that make you start all over after making a mistake. This is one of my favorite LO using brushes. I used swirls and grunge brushes to reach this effect. You might think that swirls and grunge wouldn't go well together but opposites attract and I think provide great contrast!

No comments: